Sunday, September 5, 2010

Making a little progress- 10/5/09

I just realized that it had been about two weeks since I last gave an update.  The reason for that is there is not really much of an update.  We are still working on the application, or to be more accurate, we haven't made any more progress on the application.  I feel that I got behind in life by being sick for a week.  I have been playing catch up at work and with housework. 

     I have been doing a little research per se.  I watched a few episodes of "Adoption Diaries" on WE.  It has really given me a good perspective of what the adoption process will truly be like.  I am starting to understand the sacrifice of the birthmother.  She will actually be giving us a human being. That blows my mind!  I am already so grateful to her (whoever she is).  This mother and baby are already in our prayers.

     We have made a little progress on the "to-do" list.  I am learning to be happy with making "baby steps" in this process.  A couple of weeks ago, we did start to clean out the garage.  We got as far as moving the pallet of cobble stones from the garage to the backyard and made a pathway.  Noel did a great job making it and it looks fabulous.

      I am so thrilled about the recent decision we made-  we have decided to hire a lawn service to come mow the lawn!  You just don't know how happy that makes me.  Our yard once was dead, and now with all the recent downpours, it is flourishing with lovely green weeds and resembles a jungle.  We always said we would never be like those people who hire someone to mow their yard.  The Burns' were going to be people that take pride in our own lawn care for goodness sakes!  Well, never say never.  Our plan is to only get them out one time and help us reclaim our yard and we'll take it from there.  I think it will be the best $39.95 I have spent in a long time.

     I also cleaned out all the under-the-sink cabinets this weekend.  Here's a few things I found... a giant bottle of PineSol that was at least 5 years old and barely used, lotion and body spray that I've had since I was 15, medication that expired in 2004, and my favorite... my broken funky retainer.   I have resolved to reform my ways and not be such a packrat.  We'll see how that goes :)

No comments:

Post a Comment