Thursday, October 6, 2011

Ask- by Candes

Below is a poem that my friend Candes wrote about a very special answered prayer that she witnessed first hand.  Candes is one of my very best friends who I have known for almost 7 years.  Our husbands and us lead our small group at church so we have become very close over the years.  They walked with us hand in hand during our fertility issues and then through this adoption journey.  I can not even imagine how many prayers were said or thought by our friends and family.  Here is a beautiful picture of God's mercy and grace.  With her permission she let me re-post this.  Get your tissues ready...

Ask

October 2, 2011 by piecesofcandi



Ask

You asked me for a child
Two years later I answered
your cries

I did not lie
I did not turn a deaf ear
Nor did I hide

I waited
For just the right time
For just the right mom
For just the right child

When you thought I was far away
I wove together a woman’s life
that was falling apart

I softened her heart and strengthened yours

I brought her tenderly to My side
and refined you through the fire
all at the same time.

How brilliant you are to me
How much stronger and more promising
are your futures because of my perfect
plans for you

She asked for wisdom
So I gave her an answer

You have a child
and now … I do too



God’s answer to our prayers is never just for us but the audience of witnesses that surround us and all of eternity .God will sometimes give me pictures. I was inspired by a picture I saw in my mind of my dear friend Briana and her new adopted son, Hunter. I thought I was going to have to stage the picture but then she posted a picture that shouted “THIS is it! This is what I saw!” With her permission I am sharing it with you. This is what an answered prayer looks like, years of toil and tears, a prayer coming to fruition.

Don’t give up. Press on. Persevere.

This is a message not only for you but for me as well. Isn’t it worth it?

1 comment: