Wednesday, December 1, 2010

"The" meeting

Today was a great day...today we got to meet our birth parents Rachel and Frank.  Noel and I were so nervous about this meeting.  We were so excited to meet them, but were worried about saying something stupid, or what if they didn't like us?  We first met at the adoption agency with our adoption counselor.  I could tell they were just as nervous as we were.  We introduced ourselves and then started to tell Frank and Rachel a little  bit about us.  Our conversation quickly felt comfortable and we began to talk about silly random things like our pets and what movies we like.  I guess it was due to nerves, but it was fun.  We seemed to hit it off with them right away.

Rachel's main concern is that we will follow through with what type of contact we agree too.  She was burned by this in the past and we assured her that we will be true to our word.  I commend her for putting her heart out there again, so we will be very careful to guard it and be respectful.

We decided to out to lunch together,  They took us to one of their favorite Chinese buffets- China Sea.  I told them it was fortunate for them that I finally started liking Chinese food in the past 7 years :)  (thanks to Noel, Julie, and Susan).

They showed us pictures of their children and some pictures of the baby they placed for adoption earlier this year.  They have some really cute kiddos, so this made Noel and I even more excited.  Rachel told us she has  feeling this one is a boy, so that made Noel really happy.  I think we still have about 11 weeks or so until we find out for sure.  She also told us that the furthest she has gone in a pregnancy is 38 weeks, so she is confident this baby will be born in June-  YAY!

I just can't describe what a blessing they are!  Rachel is so sweet and thoughtful.  She told me that she is getting registered with the hospital she wants to deliver at.  She said she likes this one particular hospital because they work with adoptions and provide a room for the adoptive parents to stay in with the baby.  They will also give us a car seat, a months supply of formula, blankets, and many other things.  This sounds wonderful!  She surprised me so much with her excitement for us, especially since we will be first time parents.  Rachel said that it makes her really happy that I'll get to experience everything with her like I was the one going through the pregnancy.  She wants us in the delivery room and will even let Noel cut the cord if he wants to (not sure how he feels about that yet :) ).  It just amazes me how the Lord has put this together with such amazing people.

So as I was just typing that last paragraph, I got a text message from Rachel that said she is so excited and hopes we can get really close.  So please be in continued prayer over this precious couple and baby. 

Oh ya, I can't forget to mention that we are going with Rachel to a doctor's appointment on Friday where we will get to hear the baby's heart beat and hopefully see a sonogram!!!  I'll post a picture if I get one.

4 comments:

  1. Sounds great. We had a sonogram at 8 weeks, but we could only see the heartbeat not hear it. The doctor heard the heartbeat at 12 weeks; I couldn't tell until 16 weeks. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great meeting! So glad it all went well. Praying for all of you...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glad the meeting went so well...sounds like a great couple! I hope the appointment goes well on Friday! I will continue praying for y'all!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Again- I sit here and cry as I read your post! I love that you are getting to experience these blessings and the Lord's Sovereignty over it all. I will be praying for you and Rachel as you go through this process! That is wonderful that the hospital provides a room. We just had friends that adopted and the hospital was not accommodating. It was strange.

    ReplyDelete