Saturday, June 25, 2011

And he shall be called...

'One who hunts' and 'beloved' or in other words our baby's name will be Hunter David Burns.  We have had this name picked out for quite some time.  Let me tell you the story behind his name.  After we were first married we talked about baby names.  Noel always said he liked the name Brody.  Well, 2 1/2 years ago my nephew was born and was named Brody.  The funny part is that my brother always said he wanted the name Hunter for a boy.  They decided to not use that name because their friend's son is named Hunter.  So good news for us because we always liked that name too.  It also has special meaning because Hunter is the maiden name of Noel's mom.  We picked David for two reasons as well.  David is Noel's dad's middle name and also for David of the bible.  He was a man after God's own heart and we pray that our son will be also.



And in other adoption news, we got the "cooperative plan" in the mail yesterday.  This is the plan Stephanie came up with for the birth and contact afterwards.  I was a little anxious about this, but it was absolutely perfect.  She wants me in the delivery room with her and then see and hold Hunter just after he is born.  After that he will go to the nursery where we can visit and bond with him.  At the 48th hour after his birth, she will sign her rights away and he will be ours.  She would also like to communicate afterwards with letters and pictures until he is 18.  This is exactly what we were hoping for.  I am just so thankful that the Lord has blessed us with such a wonderful birth mom.  I can't help but wonder how she is going to be feeling during this time.  I know this must be a very hard decision and I pray that she gets through it with as little emotional pain as possible.  I can't even imagine the sacrifice she must feel.  Again, I am so grateful for such an amazing person that Stephanie is.

Only about 8 more weeks to go!  We can't wait to meet you baby Hunter!

2 comments:

  1. Hunter David is a great name!! I am so excited for you guys - I can't wait for him to be here. Sounds like everything is going well and it is so awesome to see how the Lord is working in Stephanie's life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this post for several reasons! Love the name, the nursery, but mostly because the plan that is in place for delivery and after. This sounds wonderful! I am so very happy for you all. will continue to keep Stephanie in our prayers.

    ReplyDelete