Monday, April 18, 2011

A new decade

Last week I entered a new decade of life-- my thirties :)  I just can't think of much to say about it at this point; it just felt like any other Tuesday.  I did come home to 3 dozen roses from my sweet husband.   We also went out to dinner at our favorite place, La Madeleine.  Other than that, it felt like any other Tuesday.  The real celebration will take place this weekend.  A good friend of mine is also turning 30 this month and we have two other friend's with birthdays this month, so we are having a big dinner together.  Can't wait for the carb fest!

My in-laws came in the weekend before last.  My father in law wanted to help Noel build a shed, so that is what they did.  Well, they got about a third of the way done.  So far, I am impressed at the work they have done.  The best part about this is that I haven't had to help Noel on it yet :)  We also worked on the nursery.  I made baby quilt and some curtains.  I will post pictures when I have it complete.  I still need to find some pictures to hang on the walls.  It is looking really cute so far though.

Just this past weekend, I went to a women's retreat for my church.  I got to spend the weekend with the Lord and several of my favorite girls.  We had a great time together.  Beautiful Lord, beautiful weather, and beautiful ladies!

 And my busy month is not over, also on Saturday we are meeting with the birth parents for lunch.  Stephanie told me she has really been craving some good ribs, so I have done my best looking for a good BBQ place.  We are looking forward to our lunch date with them and getting to know them better.  Please pray for this meeting that we may be a blessing to them and that she may grow more confident in us and her decision.

2 comments:

  1. Hi - my name is Karen and my husband Jeff and I are also working with Adoption Angels. We are a waiting family, waiting for "the call" :) I found your blog when I was googling adoption angels, and a link to one of your posts popped up. I have enjoyed following the highs and lows and can certainly relate. I would love to hear more about your experience with adoption angels. We continue to pray for your adoption!! Our blog is findingbabyclayton.blogspot.com if you would like to read our story.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Karen! I just read your comment and didn't realize that you posted this until after we've been chatting on Facebook. Small world, huh?

    ReplyDelete