Thursday, March 31, 2011

It's a......unicorn??

Ok...let me explain.  A couple of weeks ago we were visiting my parents and my brothers, sister-in-laws, niece, and nephew were there.  Natalie, my 5 year old niece, asked me what we were going to name our baby.  I told her the boy name and the girl name.  She replied to me, "I don't like that girl name."  I then said "You don't?  What do you think we should name the baby if it is a girl?"  She thought for a minute and then proclaimed "Unicorn!!"  Then she said with all seriousness again, "I'm gonna pretend I don't know her name and just call her Unicorn."  This is one story I will always remember and will have to tease her about.

Well, yesterday Stephanie went to the doctor for a sonogram to find out the sex of the baby.  So the news is.......drumroll.......IT'S A BOY!!!!!!  Sorry Nattie, you cannot call our son Unicorn :)  She sent me a picture text of the sonogram pictures and I must say this is one cute baby already.  She is almost 18 weeks along and he weighs 1.5 pounds  and all healthy.  Praise God!!!  Most of you who know us, already know what we've named him, but I will keep the rest of you in suspense for a while longer.

Today, we were able to meet with Stephanie and Raul.  They are such a sweet couple and so nice!!  We went out to lunch and just got to know each other.  They are laid back and down to earth.  Stephanie is such a neat girl.  She talked about some of the challenges she's had and how God has really helped her though it.  She is a Christian and is growing in her faith so much.  It was such a blessing to be able to discuss our mutual love for God over lunch.  I never dreamed that our birth mother would be a Christian and that we could be discussing faith and praying together.   She has such a positive attitude about life and her circumstances and seems to have gained wisdom during her struggles.  Please pray for this sweet girl as the Lord strengthens her faith.

This meeting was so encouraging and we are so excited to have our baby boy here in about 4 1/2 more months.  Stephanie and I have been keeping in touch by text messaging.  We decided to try and meet up once a month for lunch.  Now since I know we are having a boy, I can start decorating the nursery- Woo Hoo!!!!!

Here is Baby Boy Burns :)

3 comments:

  1. I'm so thrilled for you and Noel! This made me tear up -- what a special journey you are all on. Praising God for this sweet miracle. Miss you! (And, now I'm really curious on baby boy's name!!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH I am so excited!! A precious little boy! I am so happy that you guys got to meet them finally and are really getting along. Praise God!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations! I'm glad your relationship is going so well.

    ReplyDelete