Friday, September 9, 2011

The first few days

Thing have been busy in the Burns household since Hunter came home last Saturday.  My laundry and dirty dishes have increased while my sleep has decreased.  Most importantly, my love for my sweet baby boy grows more and more every time I look at him.  The first week has gone very well.  Noel and I alternate nights and take naps during the day.  Hunter has been great so far about sleeping at night.  He will do a three hour stretch and then a four hour stretch with one feeding between.  I say so far, because I know that could change at any time but it has really been nice. 


This week, we had our first outing with just Hunter and I.  Noel had to work and I had to take Hunter to "get his pencil sharpened" as the doctor said.  I am sure you catch my drift.  This was not a procedure the hospital doctor wanted to do so we had to wait a week to get it done.  Poor baby... he was so mad and screamed the whole time.  He even peed on the doctor which I thought was hilarious.  They said in the 20 years they've been doing circumcisions only 5 babies peed on the table.  So Hunter made number 6.  That's my boy!

Hunter also had his first photo session with mommy.  I got some really great shots of him so I must share.  There are so many good ones so you will have to check facebook for the rest.  Here are just a few.









1 comment:

  1. I hope he is always a great sleeper. Maggie went through a bad patch, and it was rough on me -- sleep deprivation is a bad thing. But it sounds like you guys are off to a great start. And I love all the photos; you did a great job.

    ReplyDelete