Thursday, March 24, 2011

A pleasant surprise

On my way home from work today, I got a call from our adoption counselor.  She had Stephanie in her office who wanted to talk to me.  Stephanie told me that she was sorry for not coming to the meeting and explained why she didn't come.  After hearing her explanation, I can't blame the girl for one minute.  She had to deal with some very serious stuff last week.  She told me that she's been pretty nauseous during the pregnancy, but didn't want medication because she'll get over it.   She really wants to meet us and sounded genuinely excited.  We talked about getting together next week.  It was such an unexpected and pleasant surprise and a great first conversation.  I look forward to the next few months and getting to know Stephanie and Raul.

2 comments:

  1. That's great. It's nice that you guys got to connect. I'm looking forward to hearing more of your journey. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What great news! I'm so glad you were able to talk with her. Looking forward to hearing about your meeting next week!

    ReplyDelete