Thursday, March 10, 2011

We've come a long way

Tonight I decided to read back through all my blog posts since we started this adoption journey.  I can't believe how far we have come.  I can't believe how much work it has been.  Looking back I can see how God has answered so many prayers.   He provided everything we needed financially.  He gave us the energy to get our house "baby proofed."  He gave us the peace, patience, and faith we needed for this journey.  Wow.  I know this journey is not over yet, we still have a way to go...but we have come so far.

I couldn't help but laugh at myself at some of my random thoughts that I decided to share with you all.  To give you a few updates:  Our nursery is almost complete; the finishing touches will be made when we find out if the baby is a boy or girl.  I am still decluttering.  I did not have twin boys in July.  We do have a girl and a boy name picked out which will remain a secret for now.  Charlie continues to be stubborn, but has made a lot of progress.  And most importantly, our faith has been strengthened and we have the hope of a baby.

We turned in our commitment letter today along with the remainder of the expenses.  We are planning a meeting with Stephanie and Raul for next week, hopefully on Wednesday.   When Noel dropped off the paperwork to the agency today he asked how Rachel (the previous birth mom) was doing.  They said that they are no longer working with her because she continued to do cocaine and not cooperate with their program.  She was matched with another couple but caused the same problems with them as she did with us.  I was dumbfounded when I heard this.  She basically knew how to work the system and was doing that with this pregnancy too.  Please pray for this baby.  He or she is the innocent victim of her actions and deserves better.

No comments:

Post a Comment