Saturday, August 27, 2011

39 weeks and counting

Well I can't even believe that this baby has not been born yet.  Noel and I were certain that Hunter would be here by now.  We just knew he'd be born around the middle of August.  I am beginning to wonder if this means that Hunter will be a procrastinator.  If so that is going to drive me crazy :)  I really cannot complain about him baking a little longer than we originally thought.  It is only a blessing that he has "stayed in" this long considering he was almost born 5 weeks ago.  So, really we are grateful, but just so excited about bringing this baby home. 

Stephanie goes to the doctor again on Monday, so I am praying that there is some progress.  Every time I talk/ text her she just says how uncomfortable she is.  She said that she would be walking, but it just hurts too much. 

We have really tried to keep in mind that our happiest day will be one of her hardest days.  I know she is ready to "get it over with:" but I can't even imagine the emotions she will be feeling.  I have been praying that the Lord prepares Steph for this in all ways possible.  We put together a hospital bag for her.  I got two sets of PJ's, super soft socks, a bath set, a throw blanket, and a carrying bag.  We just thought that after being so uncomfortable for so long, it might be nice to give her a few things to make her comfortable while she's in the hospital and afterwards.

Now I feel like I can really say (and mean it)... just a few more days :)

2 comments:

  1. I'm glad you updated - I have been dying to know! I figured surely he would have been born by now - guess this little one is going to take his time :) I can't wait to hear when he finally makes his appearance!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Briana you are so thoughtful. It is sweet of you to get something for her.

    ReplyDelete