Wednesday, August 10, 2011

waiting vs. waiting

During this adoption process there has been A LOT of waiting.  I have recently discovered there are different types of waiting.  At first, we waited, and waited, and waited, and waited for "the" phone call to tell us that we were matched with a birth mom.  That was almost agonizing because you never knew when that would happen.  There was a goal with absolutely no end in sight.  Now we are waiting for "the" phone call again.  But this time it will be the call to tell us to go to the hospital because our birth mom is in labor.  It has already been two weeks since she went into early labor that the doctors had to stop.  We thought for sure Hunter would have been born by now.  As anxious as we are to have him here with us, these two weeks have been a blessing.  We know that by "staying in" he will be stronger and more developed at birth.  Also, I have been able to get so much done at work so I will not leave so many tasks for my co-workers to do.  I just can't help but compare these two times of waiting.  Before, I felt like it  was even hard to see the light at the end of the tunnel.  But now, I am so excited I feel that I just might burst.  I am constantly checking my cell phone, just to make sure I haven't missed any calls- even though it has been glued to my side the past two weeks.  I am having a hard time sleeping because I am so excited- I guess I should get use to the lack of sleep.   I never stopped to think about it before, but I guess it all depends on what you are waiting for and where you are in the journey.

Noel was telling some friends of ours the other day that I had the nursery all ready.  He said that I have organized it, then organized it again, and then again.  I cannot dispute those facts.  I supposed this is "nesting."  I am just filling my time with things around the house because I don't know what else to do.  Monday night, I decided to do a little dusting.  Two hours later I had sucked every speck of dust out of the game room- moved the furniture and everything.  Our vacuum was totally full!   I didn't realize we were such dusty people- yikes!  Just a warning for you all... beware of what lurks under your couch.

Stephanie's next doctor appointment is tomorrow.  I have heard that when you are that far along, a doctor's exam can make things progress.  Let's hope so!!!  I cannot wait to see this precious little face and hold sweet baby Hunter.

2 comments:

  1. I am eagerly waiting your updates and blog posts! I am glad he has stayed in these past 2 weeks! So exciting!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so very excited for you both!!! Praying for health and safety for all involved! Can't wait to hear the great news that your son has been born! Woo hoo!

    ReplyDelete