Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Fall is here!

So I am happy to say here in the good city of San Antonio, the temperature has not been in the 100's for a few weeks now and I can even say the highs have been in the 80's lately!  So this must mean that Fall is finally here.  Well, "Fall" in South Texas actually means "not scorching hot."  And even a bigger blessing is that we have had good rain for several days last week and the week before.  Praise God!  That is such a blessing, especially when you are worried about your city literally burning because it is so hot and dry.  So now I have commented on the weather, I will also tell you what Fall brings in the Burns household...pumpkin patch pictures and Halloween costumes!!!  Hunter has been a good sport when I make him play dress up so we can take pictures.









Last week, we had our first post placement visit with our adoption agency.  We met with them at their office.  I imagine this is one of the best parts of their job.  This is when they get to see the baby for the fist time with the adoptive family who they worked so long and hard with.  Hunter did not disappoint and save a nice, huge poopy diaper for us during our interview.  I guess this was a good thing because they got to see parenting in action.  They asked pretty basic questions and it went really well.  All the staff came in to see Hunter and talk with us.  They "ooohhhhhed"  and "ahhhhhhed" over Hunter and said that he is the cutest baby!  I know they must say that to every parent, but I just don't get tired of hearing it.  It is so much fun to show Hunter off.  He was in a great mood and smiled and talked to all the ladies there. We did find out some upsetting news about Hunter's birthmother.  Without giving much detail, it seems her past caught up with her and she got into some trouble with the law.  This all came down on her just a few weeks after Hunter was born and some other very hard things occurred in her life.  Please be praying for her. I can't imagine this to be any less than the rock bottom point in her life.  Pray that she turns to Jesus more than anything else and that she can use this to turn her life around for good.

Here are a couple more pictures just because my son is so handsome and I had to share.


No comments:

Post a Comment