Saturday, October 1, 2011

One month

Today, Hunter is one month old.  I can't believe how fast time flies!!  In the past month, Hunter has met most of his family and friends.  We had two great visits with the grandparents.  Hunter did suffer from "grandma syndrome" the day after each grandparents left.  The symptoms include fussiness and crying when you are not holding him.  Fortunately this is a treatable condition that requires a lot patience, parenting creativity, and earplugs (just kidding).  It usually subsides within one to three days...usually.

Last weekend, Hunter and Noel had their first Father-son outing.  I was so exhausted Sunday morning, that I stayed home from church.  Noel decided to still go and take Hunter with him.  So we packed Noel's diaper bag and off they went.  I took a glorious 2 1/2 hour nap.  Noel said everything went well, despite the fact that Hunter came home in a different outfit.  He decided to "let his fountain flow" when Noel was changing his diaper.  Noel came home gushing about how much he enjoyed spending this one on one time with his son.  It was a very sweet moment, and even sweeter that I was well rested :)

Hunter and I go to Target about every three days.  It is only a mile and a half from our house so it is a safe outing.  I tend to buy one thing at a time so I have a reason to keep going back and getting out of the house.  The other day there was this man talking to one of the store clerks asking her opinion about a gift for a female teenaged relative.  I was behind them and he turned to me and said, "Maybe I can ask you because you look about her age...how old are you?"  "Thirty" I replied.  He had a shocked look on his face and said, "Oh never mind, I thought you were 18."  After I was flattered that someone subtracted 12 years from my age, I was slightly disturbed that this man thought that I was 18 and had a baby.  I guess that is not that uncommon these days.

As Hunter changes daily, I continue to stalk him with the camera.  Here are a few pictures from our most recent mommy photo shoot.





Last weekend, Noel's work hosted a baby shower for Hunter and another baby that was born recently to staff from the Chemistry department at Trinity.  It was so sweet of them and we had a great time.  Hunter debuted his new 'do...the faux-hawk.


As a small thank you for hosting this shower, I was going to include this picture in the thank you card...I think they will appreciate this.

Hunter had his first play date today.  Some very good friends of ours had a baby girl three days after Hunter.  This sweet baby's name is MacKenzie.  We are not sure if it was love at first sight, but we think there was a spark.  She is really cute after all.



No comments:

Post a Comment