Monday, September 20, 2010

7 years

Today, Noel and I are celebrating our 7th anniversary.  Woo-hoo lucky number 7!!  This year we decided to forgo the usual romantic dinner at our favorite Italian restaurant.  Instead we chose to get a meal to go and come home and pig out.  You might be wondering, "where did you eat?"  The answer to that question is Bob's Smokehouse- the best BBQ place this side of town.  As we pulled up to Bob's we noticed that the gate was closed and the sign said they closed at 6:00 pm.  Would you believe we pulled up at 6:01?  Fortunately, Bob was standing outside and waved us in to go around the back.  We went in and ordered our food.  Noel got the two meat plate with three sides.  And I ordered the "moo-moo" chopped brisket sandwich with potato salad.  Noel told Bob it was our anniversary and he threw in a peach cobbler.  How's that for service!  So, we came home and pigged out.  As we started eating, I put my arm around Noel and said "I love how this can be our anniversary and we can just to get some BBQ and be as happy as can be."  He just looked at me with a huge grin.  And as I type, Noel is asleep on the couch in his BBQ-overload-coma.   Ahhhhhh, sigh of contentment :)

If you would have asked me last year on our anniversary, I would have thought we'd have our baby by now.  Oh well...maybe next year we will be taking our baby to Bob's on our anniversary.  Lucky number 7, right?

1 comment: