Sunday, September 5, 2010

A little patience goes a long way- 7/16/10

So, there really is no news to report.  We are still waiting on "the phone call" while getting a long lesson in patience.  I can honestly say, even though I want to get our baby already, I am at peace during the wait. When we started this process, I imagined myself feeling anxious all the time during our wait.  I thought to myself that I would jump every time the phone rang thinking it could possibly be the agency.  Fortunately, so far, my preconceived notions were wrong. 
I am conteientious of the fact that this month is July-  the month the "psychic daycare" lady told me that we would have two boys.  Well, the month is only halfway over, but it is not looking to good for her prediction.  I suppose I will have to update this on August 1st and let you all know what happens :)

We are still working on picking out some names.  After much consideration, we have decided to nix Bueford and Beulah-  I know, you all are devastated.  It was a close one though ;)   We do have a front runner for a boy name, but the girl's name is much harder to agree on.  I will keep those names secret until we find out the sex of our baby.

One thing that hasn't changed over the past few months is that God is still an awesome God.  I wasn't expecting that to change of course, but only our awareness of his awesomeness.  The Lord continues to be faithful by sending donations our way.  To date, we have received $7500!!  I can hardly believe it myself.  I have sent off one grant application but still have a few more to get finished up.  Please join me in prayer as we try to raise the rest of our funds.

Well, I suppose that is all I have for now.  Hopefully sometime soon we will receive "the call."  But until then, we will just continue our lesson in patience.

No comments:

Post a Comment