Sunday, September 5, 2010

Just Chillin'- 11/6/09

Nothing new to report, we are just chillin' and waiting to submit our application.  We both got our physicals done but I still need to get a TB test.  This was Noel's first physical in about 10 years, so they did a complete panel of blood tests.  He got the results mailed to him this week.  To my amazement, his cholesterol levels were normal and one was even LOW!  For those of you who have seen Noel eat I know you are just as amazed as I was.  He delighted and gloated in these results.  After consulting a doctor friend of ours he told Noel that in order for him to get his cholesterol higher he can either exercise regularly, eat more, or drink a glass of wine or beer a day!   Poor Noel.

In the meantime, Noel has taken on the hobby of restoring a 1953 Willys Jeep.  I just went downstairs to see the maiden voyage.  Somehow the "drive" and "reverse" gears seemed to be switched.  Needless to say the jeep didn't make it out of the garage.  I am back upstairs sitting on the couch while the whole house is vibrating due to the loud engine and praying that the jeep doesn't come crashing through the walls.

In the meantime for me, I am once again learning patience from the Lord and having my heart prepared for parenthood.  I am also trying to stay sane during the jeep restoration project.  It's called character building, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment