Sunday, September 5, 2010

A weekend of fun and baby loot! -4/11/10

Well, we had a great weekend.  We met with my brother, his wife, and two kids at Carino's to celebrate my birthday Saturday for lunch.  We all stuffed ourselves with Italian food and then went back to their house to hang out.  They also let us go through their kids baby toys and equipment since they don't use it anymore.  I was so excited, it was like going to Babies R Us.  They gave us a swing, bouncer, excersaucer, jumperoo, walker, and a garbage bag full of toys!  It was some good baby loot!  So today I had the task of washing everything and then finding room for all this stuff.  I knew the day would come when our home would be over taken by baby stuff.... so it begins.  I was able to get everything in the nursery and closet, but we now have an exersaucer in the living room. 

While we were at lunch my very perceptive four year old niece Natalie over heard us talking about baby equipment.  She looks at me and asks. "Are you having a baaaaby?"  I told her no, that I am not having a baby but that we are adopting a baby.  She looked at me funny and I asked her if she knew what that meant.  I explained to her that another mommy is going to have a baby that she cannot take care of so she will give the baby to me and Uncle Noel to be our baby.  I then told her that this meant she would have a baby cousin.  She smiled at me really big and said "oh, oooohkaay."  Later that day as we were going through all their old toys, Natalie kept putting things in the bag and said "here your baby can have this," and  "oh, your baby will need this,"  and "give this to your baby."  Needless to say she is very excited about having another cousin.

After visiting with my brother and his family, we met up with our friends Craig and Ginger.  We have known them for about 8 years and Craig was the pastor of our church in college where Noel and I met and he married us.  We had such a wonderful visit with them and their daughter who is now 11.  She was actually the flower girl at our wedding when she was 4.  They offer such Godly wisdom and encouragement.  They are some of the most Christ like and loving people we know.  If you know them, then you know that you can't have a conversation with Ginger without her asking you, "how is your relationship with Jesus"  or  "what is the Lord teaching you lately?"  She just loves to get down to the 'nitty gritty' of faith and I love it. 

Today we went to church which there was awesome worship.  Afterwards, we came home and Noel make me a homemade chicken caesar salad- YUM!  And then, I took my Sunday 4 hour coma.  It was a wonderful birthday weekend.  Hello 29!

No comments:

Post a Comment