Sunday, September 5, 2010

A snag- 10/18/09

I received the following email from our adoption counselor on Friday:
"Hi Briana I was waiting to email you until it was a definite, but the Executive Director informed me last week that at this time she didnt want to bring anymore new families into the program because three placements that were supposed to have occurred in the last few weeks had not.  Our ratio right now is 25 active families, 4 waitlist families to 8 birthmothers.  The ratio is skewed and too high therefore MMH does not feel it is ethical to bring in more families until our active family number decreases.  We are going to re-evaluate this at the beginning of the new year.  Hopefully some placements will occur between now and the end of this year.  Im so sorry.  I know this puts a snag in your plans and I will be happy to send any paperwork I receive from the doctors back to you in case you would like to use the report with another agency.  Please let me know if you would like me to check back with you in January to let you know how things are with us and to see if the waitlist has reopened. "
We were so disappointed when we got this email.  This means our wait for a baby will be even longer.  Noel and I decided to stay with this agency and just wait it out. We will complete our application and finish getting the house ready.  As soon as the wait list is open, we'll submit our application immediately.  It is hard to keep waiting, but we know the Lords plan will prevail.  He already knows who our children will be and they will be given to us as the perfect time.  My heart just goes out to those families who did not have their placement go through.  I am sure they are devastated.  My prayer is for that baby.  I pray that their birth mother will be able to take good care of them and that they have a good life.  Please join me in praying for the 8 other babies who will be born.  It is not for use to decide what is best for them, but I just pray that the placements happen.  Maybe this is a very selfish prayer, but I want what is best for those children.  Having those babies placed with adoptive families will bring us that much closer to bringing home our baby.

No comments:

Post a Comment