Sunday, September 5, 2010

Whew! - 4/20/10

Last Monday, our adoption agency called and asked if they could show our profile to a birthmom.  She called me, but I was out working, so didn't get the message.  She then called Noel and told him the details about this mom.  When I got back in my car from the daycare I was inspecting, I checked my cell phone to see about 7 missed calls and frantic voicemails from Noel.  When the agency called, they needed a response in 5 minutes, so he went ahead and told them yes.  This birthmom had a few more issues in her life than we were comfortable with and she was due in one month.  The thought of actually having a baby home with us in a month was a scary thought.  We were thinking more in the 6 month time frame.  Well, to our relief, she chose another family.  As my mom said "well, that just wasn't your baby, it was for another family."  Well said Mom!  It was a very good reality check for us though because it is making it more real now.  Also, I don't think either one of us was under the illusion that this birthmom's situation would be "perfect, but it was so good to realize that there are going to be issues in every situation.  I know that when the time comes, the Lord will give us direction and peace about the decision to be matched with the birthmom.

No comments:

Post a Comment