Sunday, September 5, 2010

Time for an update- 2/22/10

Well we have been very busy getting things ready for the homestudy.  I found a really cute crib online at craigs list.  It was a steal- $95 for the crib and mattress.  I love getting good deals.  We decided not to put it together yet.  Right now it is stored under our guest bed.  The fact that I can even say that it is under the guest bed is a miracle.  Noel's parents came to visit a couple of weeks ago.  My mother-in-law and I tackled the guest room.  We cleaned out the closet and underneath the bed.  We had so many boxes of stuff!  I consolidated my junk down to two boxes which are now stored in the attic.  I found two boxes of Chemistry and Business college textbooks, thanks Noel.  I can't complain though, because I had a box of notebooks from my college classes.  I am not sure why we kept these things maybe I thought I would come across a situation where I would need to pull out my Astronomy notes to decipher that constellation that is shaped like the letter "W"  (It's Cassiopeia by the way. :) )  Or maybe I could have used my Abnormal Psych notes to figure out my spouse-  just kidding.  Despite all the "what if" situations- neither Noel nor I ever looked at that stuff after graduation.

We have also made a lot of progress on the built-in-gun-safe-ammo-locker.  Actually, I can't take much credit for it because Noel and one of our dear friends have been working on this project.  I just painted it.  It will be really cool when it's done.  Noel has also cleaned out and organized his "man room."  It is awesome because I can actually see the floor now in there ;)

The last thing we've got accomplished to get ready for the home study is purchasing a rocker recliner for the nursery.  We ordered it from our favorite furniture store about a week ago and I went to pick it up today.  I am so proud of myself because I unloaded it from the truck, drug it inside, took it upstairs, and then attached the back to the seat all by myself.  I can't wait to see all the bruises on my legs tomorrow from being Miss Independent.

So a lot of progress has been made since my last update and we are so close to scheduling the home study.  Almost there... 

No comments:

Post a Comment