Sunday, September 5, 2010

Accepted! 1/5/10

You know you're in Texas when the weather drops below 45 degrees and people tell you to "drive careful out there" because it's cold, not snowing, sleeting, or raining...but just cold.  This has nothing to do with our adoption but it's just an observation I've made over the past few weeks since we have actually had winter weather down here in South Texas.

Noel and I realized that neither one of us had checked the mail in like 4 days, so Monday morning I figured I should check it.  Inside our mail box, was our acceptance letter to Adoption Angels.  I wasn't particularly worried about not being accepted, but it did make things feel more official.  Over the past week I have been working our our profile photo book.  I thought it was going to be an easy and fun task and couldn't wait to get started.  Boy, was I wrong.  I actually had to start over a couple of times before I felt like it was turning out right.  I am making a photo book online and will have it printed.  It was actually pretty stressful to make at first.  I felt all this pressure to make us look very marketable and appealing.  How do you describe your life in pictures in 20 pages, while at the same time trying to convince a woman to give her your baby??  Well, I'm not sure either.  We actually are meeting with Adoption Angels tomorrow to review our photo book and "dear birth parent" letter before we finalize it and turn it in.  Our next step to to schedule the home study, which we will also discuss tomorrow.

God still never ceases to amaze me with his blessings.  Over Christmas, some of our family members blessed us again financially. Our baby fund is growing by God's provision :)
Also, on New Year's Day one of my cousins called.  She works at a bar/ restaurant and was talking to one of the customers.  He was telling her that she has a 27 year old daughter who was about 3-4 months pregnant and wanted to give her baby up for adoption.  They want to find a really good home for the baby, so my cousin told him about us.  She called me and I told her to give our name and number to that customer and he could call if she's interested.  We aren't holding our breath about it, and are kinda leery, but we are open to whatever God has.  So far, no word from this guy, but I'll keep you all posted.  Our hearts are still feeling led towards Adoption Angels at this point.

No comments:

Post a Comment