Sunday, September 5, 2010

Cough Cough, Sneeze Sneeze- 9/10/09

I hate being sick!  I have been sick for about 4 days now.  I haven't been to work in two days and I won't be there tomorrow either.  I feel so sick that I can't even enjoy the fact that I am not at work.  It seems to be just a nasty chest cold.  I haven't started oinking yet so I don't think it is the swine flu. 

The reason that I am so upset about having a cold right now is that we were supposed to go to Houston for the other adoption orientation at Caring Adoptions tomorrow.  We were even gong to get to stay with my cousin and his wife.  (Thanks anyways for your generosity Greg and Jana!)  I have been praying for God to make the decision clear about what agency to use, but seriously, a cold?  I am not saying this is a sign, but it makes me wonder.  We are going to call them next week to see if we can set up a phone orientation or something.  So far our heart is still leaning towards Methodist Mission Home.

Today while I was at home resting, I was rotting my brain watching hours of TV.  I saw two very interesting shows.  The first one was called "An Adoption Story."  It comes on TLC and is just like "A Baby Story."  I am so glad that I watched it.  It was about this incredible family who adopted 6 children!  Yes, 6 children.  It was just so encouraging to see how they built their family.  They opened their hearts and just waited to see what God was going to do. 
The other show I watched was about the increase in teen pregnancy in the US.  They said that each year 730,000 teenage girls get pregnant.  That is almost one million.  That just makes me think that out of those 730,000, there has got to be a baby out there for us.  That was an encouraging yet frightening statistic at the same time.

In the meantime,  we sent out a letter to our church pastor who said he'd pass it on to the rest of the pastoral staff at all of the church campuses.  We are asking for prayer and hoping that someone who reads the letter will know of a girl who wants to place her baby for adoption.  Even if we chose an agency, the teen/woman can enroll into the agency, receive their services for free, and be matched with us right away.

Now, back to being sick...   

No comments:

Post a Comment