Sunday, September 5, 2010

Bigger than You- 8/23/09

14,000 people gathered this morning in one place in San Antonio to worship God.  We were just two of 14,000. Our church and two other Oak Hills campuses all met at the AT&T center to come together to make the commitment to love and serve our city.  Oak Hills church calls this "Bigger than You" meaning there is a much bigger purpose here than just living our selfish lives and keeping to ourselves.  The Lord calls us to love Him and love your neighbor.  So we are putting those words into action.  The vision of our church is to begin this community service by starting with the children of this city.  When I heard these words, I became so excited.  I thought to myself "I love children, I can do this, and I have even made a career out of it."  Then I really started thinking about what that really means for us.  I try to see the 'bigger picture' or really 'God's picture' of things but sometime its hard.  I really do feel that our inability to have children so far is so beyond anything medical.  No matter what we do, what procedures I have or medicine I take, we are not going to conceive if it is not God's timing.  Throughout this process I do believe that God has big plans for our child(ren).  Little "Buford or Beulah" will be born at the perfect time and placed with us at a perfect time.  We will raise this child to love the Lord with hopes that they will make the decision to follow Jesus and do His will.  Our child will be placed with us at a specific time for a specific purpose which is much bigger than what me or Noel had in mind.

I love it when I finally get what God is trying to tell me.  He has been communicating all along, but I don't always listen.  As a very dear friend told me on Mother's Day this year, that she knows that God's plan for our family is for His purposes and His plans and that our fertility issues are not because of us, but because of God's "bigger than you" plan.  How exciting!!  I feel like the church wanting to start with outreach to the children of this city and our decision to adopt is all part of God's plan.  He has placed the same desire in our hearts but it will just be accomplished in various ways.

So our mission... is to be obedient to God, open to His plan for our family, and to wait and watch in amazement of the work He is doing.

No comments:

Post a Comment